[openbeos-cdt] Re: Design Stuff ... and more

  • From: Dale Raby <daleraby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 15:56:23 -0600

debro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>http://openbetalk.host.sk
>
>Check out the forum!
>
>debro
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "David Goodrich" <goodrich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 8:24 PM
>Subject: [openbeos-cdt] Re: Design Stuff ... and more

I have been unable to register, login, or view any of the topics on the
CDT forum.  It takes about five minutes just to load the index page with
a 56K modem, and when I try to view any of the topics or hit any link
within this page, my browser simply times out.

Is this a common problem?

If it is, I may have a solution:

http://www.thegreenbayweb.com/forums

This is my domain.  There are two other websites there in addition to
mine, and, so far as I am aware, no other forums.  The server has a
broadband cable connection and the other tennants don't seem to be
drawing large numbers of visitors... or at least I seldom seem to have
problems logging in.

I don't know how this would work or if there are requirements I am
unaware of, but if it would help, I will be happy to create an Open BeOS
forum on this BBS for us.

Any comments?

[dale's signature]

Dale A. Raby