[openbeos-cdt] Re: Design Stuff ... and more

  • From: "Jess Tipton" <Shed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 20:18:33 CST

Well i have said in one of my emails that the Transperancy WAS NOT to
be a feature, nor is any anti aliasing. They where added for fun. I
have sent out an email in the list stating what in the pictures was
important to me.
- SHED

>>First off my name is JESS,
>>I can take constructive critisism but so far this is just insane.
>>nothing but flames every one flaming every one & every thing & I
still
>>dont know what ui options are going to be supported. I joined this to
>>help Design system sounds & UI look. Right now every one seems set on
>>doing logos & such but really this is a dead end disscussion till a
>>real name is picked. FIRST off we need to know WHAT in the OS can we
>>design for & PICK A NAME. OBOS is fine for now but the reality is at
>>some point using BeOS any where in the name could become a legal hold
>>up & I dont know about you but I dont have the money to pitch in on
>>legal advice.
>>- SHED
>
>Jess, the easy list of constraints for design is "whatever BeOS R5 is
capable of now."  OBOS R1 will = BeOS R5.  As for the name, Michael
Phipps still seems to be going with "OpenBeOS" and "OBOS" as the
abbreviated form.  Designing things with transparency and antialiasing
is a waste of time at this point - not because I like or dislike your
designs or anyone else's, but because they cannot be used in R1 of OBOS
if they contain such effects.

>As for the rest... I don't do any flaming, but I do feel that Stuart's
concerns are valid.  I have been voicing the same concerns.