[openbeos-cdt] Re: Design Stuff ... and more

  • From: "Jace" <jace@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 14:40:53 -0500

>First off my name is JESS,
>I can take constructive critisism but so far this is just insane.
>nothing but flames every one flaming every one & every thing & I still
>dont know what ui options are going to be supported. I joined this to
>help Design system sounds & UI look. Right now every one seems set on
>doing logos & such but really this is a dead end disscussion till a
>real name is picked. FIRST off we need to know WHAT in the OS can we
>design for & PICK A NAME. OBOS is fine for now but the reality is at
>some point using BeOS any where in the name could become a legal hold
>up & I dont know about you but I dont have the money to pitch in on
>legal advice.
>- SHED

Jess, the easy list of constraints for design is "whatever BeOS R5 is capable
of now."  OBOS R1 will = BeOS R5.  As for the name, Michael Phipps still seems
to be going with "OpenBeOS" and "OBOS" as the abbreviated form.  Designing
things with transparency and antialiasing is a waste of time at this point -
not because I like or dislike your designs or anyone else's, but because they
cannot be used in R1 of OBOS if they contain such effects.

As for the rest... I don't do any flaming, but I do feel that Stuart's concerns
are valid.  I have been voicing the same concerns.

-Jace

This message was sent with the demo version of Postmaster, a BeOS mail client.
For more information, please visit http://kennyc.com/postmaster