[openbeos-cdt] Re: Design Stuff ... and more

  • From: "Guy" <mul_m7m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 01:28:42 +0200

jess - at the moment i think the name issue is very much uncelar.

ui options - obos r1 will be an opensource implementation of BeOS R5.
nothign more.
this means that it will not have ui skins (at most those amiga/win/macos
builtins.. i guess... not sure though -> ask someone on the interfacekit..)

nevertheless, making color schemes, themes, and gui concepts for r2 is very
much needed. and some (altough less..) people in this group (stuart for
example) are working on this.

btw - if we're talking about ui options, i've mailed the obos-admin list
about adding some kind of bundeled BeTheme/Clone.. michael once mentioned
that he would like to see an obos cd with 200mb of software and about 300mb
of cdt stuff..

this means that if we, in the future, want to put on multiple iconsets, and
such, we will need a bundeled app to change them rapidly. i mentioned
BeTheme because i use it myself and i like it very much.

guy.