[gameprogrammer] Re: MMO Idea

  • From: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:16:46 -0600

On 12/16/05, Laurence Grant <larrygrant@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Things like bartering, contracts, trading, banking, etc. would be some of
> the tools built into the system.  But in some cases where players make
> things up, it would include some faith.  Racing for example, how to you
> guarantee the organizer of the race pays.  In the case of racing or
> competition, we'll probably build it in, but if we hadn't the players could
> still do it on faith.  If the organizer didn't pay, then it might be the end
> of his career organizing races because all the racers might gang up and take
> what was rightly there's.

One obvious problem with the concept it that the scope is so large.
Even if you had more resources available, it would take some time to
get everything working.

Do you have a phased plan to get up and running? For example 5 of 100
features to get going. Then add 5 more, etc.

What is the minimum scope that you need to get up and running? For
example, will you start out with an RTS game, and then add the other
elements, or what?

I think it is a lot easier to add features to an existing game, than
it is to get it up and running in the first place.

Chris

--
E-Mail: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Business: http://www.shaklee.net/austin