[ SHOWGSD-L ] Breeding.

  • From: july9000@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:43:23 -0400

I wouldn't breed either Female A or B with such a HUGE number of
siblings having the problems.  I know there is still a lot of questions
about bloat and wether it is genetic or not ( I do think it is since it
runs in certain lines and breeds) so with that high percentage i would
not take the chance to pass that to other generations.  If let's say
the father bloated and one out of 8 bloated..than depending on the
female (is she really going to improve something in my breeding
program) I would probably breeed her..

For HD we all know now that siblings are as important as the subject
itself.  I would breed a boderline bitch with sibling that are all OFA
good but I would never breed a OFA good bitch with all dysplastics
siblings..

Julie Harel
Kana Haus