[ SHOWGSD-L ] Breeding.......

  • From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showlist <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:37:37 -0800

Animal husbandry as it is called, is never for the faint-hearted.  There
can always be a disaster, no matter the animal you are breeding.  Since
we usually live rather closely with our dogs, the consequences of an
unfortunate mating are easier to see.
We owe it to ourselves and our dogs to use caution, and to strive not
only for beauty, but for health, temperament, etc.  When unfortunate
things happen, we deal with them on a one-to-one basis,  Whether this is
putting the dog down because of poor temperament, or a health issue, or
finding a home for a salvageable dog, we do it!!
There is just so much advance knowledge available. Stuff happens, but if
you are truly a breeder, you deal with it, and move onward, and
hopefully, upward. IMO  Doris E