[ SHOWGSD-L ] Breeding

  • From: "EDEN HALL" <GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 00:15:37 -0800

After reading the previous weeks' posts on breeding, outcrossing, etc. it would
be great to see the list members contribute information on how their breeding
programs are going - the good, the bad and the ugly!
It would so greatly educate the fancy if we could all know what is 'clicking'
and what isn't with regard to conformation and health.

We have just updated our website and included this same type of information on
the Isis Progeny Page and the Sammy (Sonny) vom Drachenburg Progeny page.  We
listed the American lines that were used in these outcrosses to help anyone
else interested in outcrossing.

It's wonderful to see the beautiful progeny of dogs that are influencing the
breed in the review.  It would also be great if we knew if there were problems
with certain bloodline combinations.  'We' being the fancy, all of us.  In this
way, we can collectively work on health issues.  Jim and I see this as the best
and most efficient way of lessening some of the health issues that are common
our breed.

We think this list can be elevated to be an incredible educational tool as well
as its current use.

Jim and Edie

Hallmark German Shepherds
'The Best of Both Worlds'