[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeding

  • From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amidon481@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 21:50:57 +0000 (UTC)

Since I've put one foot in, I might just as well jump in with both feet.

Barbara, I did not refer to him as awful. I can understand that you have a
vested interest in perpetuating the mystique, but do you really believe he is
the best of all time.

I simply don't think he walked on water. He offered many breeders a correction
in many ways - if you needed it. We did not, and we were among those encouraged
to breed to him - we chose otherwise.

In my opinion, there were/are many that offered those attributes and more, but
they did not benefit from the "Chemistry" backing Dallas. No crying in my spilt
milk here, it is what it is.

I too saw Dallas prior to his run up, and reiterate he was a decent dog, he
straightened out a few issues and added some of his own. But that is to be
expected from such a well used dog. I happen to think that the bitches had more
to do with it, and Dallas didn't hurt those breeding's to any great degree. I
re-looked at his record on the "Gsdreviewed" site, the majority of the bitches
bred to him were owned/co-owned or handled by the team(around 80%).Others were
negotiated with handling considerations either on them or the progeny virtually
locking in ROM's - sheesh who wouldn't jump at that.

Kool-Aid Free, and not giving the Devil his due