[pure-silver] Re: stopbath kills fixer

  • From: "J.R. Stewart" <jrstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:07:50 -0500

Ralph recently convinced me that an acid stop was important, even if using
an alkaline fix routine on FB paper. So lately I've been giving prints a 30
second acid stop followed by a 1 min fresh water rinse under agitation, then
into the TF4 alkaline fix.

Does this sound sufficient? Is 30 seconds enough time for the stop to
neutralize the developer in the emulsion... sure seems like it ought to be
but just wondering.

J.R. Stewart