[pure-silver] Re: stopbath kills fixer

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:44:14 -0500 (EST)

From: "Jim MacKenzie" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: stopbath kills fixer
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:23:24 -0600

> I agree that we have the right to choose what help we will provide when and
> to whom, but to equate it to an economic investment is oversimple and avoids
> valuing several positive externalities, like the goodwill people receive by
> being helpful and the warm fuzzy feeling of giving someone some good advice.

That is oversimple but is more true about time than money. I can
always give up what I'm doing and start an evil business so that I can
increase my pile of money but I can't do that for my own time.  (But
my point isn't there.)

I simply asked for an additional piece of information to decide
whether I should offer something and I got that info.
Thank you very much and enjoy the conversation about stop baths.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."