[project1dev] Re: art tasks

  • From: katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 19:38:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Guys,

Here is a Rail Car model w/textures. I ran it through Milkshape and it looks
like it keeps the textures in tact.

Here it is attached.

Let me know what you guys think and if there is more I can help with. Otherwise
I was just thinking I'd work on misc models and see where I get.

Thanks =)

Katie

From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>

To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 12:25 PM

thats funny eric

hey if you ever want to do shiny gems, a cool effect might be placing a gem
colored positional light inside of a gem like its giving off a secondary glow.

it might be too expensive an effect to use everywhere but shrug (:

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM, eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

yeah in the first cart i made, i had jewels that sparkled but had texturing
issues, i also like the idea of the cave being filled with
gems/diamonds/crystals but filling the carts up with rocks like they are just
mining the stone haha

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I like the proposed art here, having those diamonds to just place
around would give the cave a great feel of prettiness.

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 8:23 AM, eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ok, theres some art tasks that have to get done this week so im gonna post a

> list and who has volunteered for what, and what we still need....
>
> Eric: animated character/miner models, lanterns that hang from the
> walls/support beams, some diamonds and some shovels, some mushrooms and

> stalagmites for cave decorations.
>
> Chris Sherman: boss model, crystals to stick out of the cave walls and some
> partially exposted skeletons
>
> Katie: katie made a pickaxe but i havent had a chance to check it out yet

> ok so here's what we need:
> texture help if anyone wants to volunteer for that, prop placement help if
> anyone wants to start
 placing some of the props on the map, maybe some misc.
> prop model additions, etc.  if anyone can think of anything else let me know
> and we'll add it.
>
> basically i am setting the "soft" deadline for this stuff to be friday, and

> anything not done me and whoever else can tackle the rest over the weekend
> so we can clear out the art schedule.
>
> also fyi, Rorac and I have the basics for combat/leveling/skills and some
> other systems ready to post for comment/QA/and more additions.  don't worry,

> everything will be tweaked and we still need a ton of ideas, this is just
> the foundation to make it more clear for people to understand how skills and
> characters will work in general so we still need major contributions for the

> ppl who want to chip in on the game design - your time is coming! :) we
> should have this posted soon, we're just formatting it
 out and documenting