[project1dev] art tasks

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:23:00 -0400

ok, theres some art tasks that have to get done this week so im gonna post a
list and who has volunteered for what, and what we still need....

Eric: animated character/miner models, lanterns that hang from the
walls/support beams, some diamonds and some shovels, some mushrooms and
stalagmites for cave decorations.

Chris Sherman: boss model, crystals to stick out of the cave walls and some
partially exposted skeletons

Katie: katie made a pickaxe but i havent had a chance to check it out yet

ok so here's what we need:
texture help if anyone wants to volunteer for that, prop placement help if
anyone wants to start placing some of the props on the map, maybe some misc.
prop model additions, etc.  if anyone can think of anything else let me know
and we'll add it.

basically i am setting the "soft" deadline for this stuff to be friday, and
anything not done me and whoever else can tackle the rest over the weekend
so we can clear out the art schedule.

also fyi, Rorac and I have the basics for combat/leveling/skills and some
other systems ready to post for comment/QA/and more additions.  don't worry,
everything will be tweaked and we still need a ton of ideas, this is just
the foundation to make it more clear for people to understand how skills and
characters will work in general so we still need major contributions for the
ppl who want to chip in on the game design - your time is coming! :) we
should have this posted soon, we're just formatting it out and documenting
it well (which is time consuming).