[project1dev] Re: art tasks

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 12:40:47 -0700

Yeah np! (:

Also of note for everyone (I just told eric this the other day, sorry for
not mentioning it earlier)

Texture sizes have to be in dimensions that are powers of 2 (ie 256x256,
1024x1024, 512x128 etc are ok... 640x480, 55x90 are not)

The reason for that is that older or less high end cards don't support non
power of 2 textures, and the work around to make it work on such cards uses
a lot more video memory (which those types of cards are already low on).

So yeah, we just have to make sure all textures have image sizes which are
powers of 2 (but they dont have to be square)