[pchelpers] Re: AVG no longer free

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 07:52:35 -0500

Hi Ekhart,

>> Kinda hard to create a file when a folder already exists with the
>> same name. Still, it may not work, since the update may fail
>> noisily at that point when the file can't be replaced.

EGlnl> It works. Congratulations! The only problem is invisible to
EGlnl> normal users in the events log. This has an entry with
EGlnl> instructions that will if carried out cause reinstallation of
EGlnl> avnotify.exe (and renaming of the folder to avnotify.exe.tmp).
EGlnl> I'll be posting the solution in the Avira forum soon. Do you
EGlnl> prefer to have your name mentioned or not?

Yes, go ahead, as long as you also mention that it's something that
the company should be aware of anyway.

I haven't had a chance to install it on my own computer yet; I haven't
gotten home until after midnight the last 2 nights.

--
Scott.