[pchelpers] Re: AVG no longer free

  • From: Cyril Halbach <cyril.kr3y@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 11:11:31 -0400

I downloaded free-av and ran it on myt Vista machine.  Of course I
realize there is over a TB of drives which I had not detached but it ran
for an hour and a half and I went to bed leaving it running.   About
halfway thorugh the test it apparently ran across something that looked
like a virus and then stopped to wait for action .

Needless to say it sat there all night until I got up i nthe morning 6
hours later.

I much prefer to use AVG which runs through the entire test and then
allows you to delete or VAULT the bummers.
Cy

--
Cyril Halbach
Williamsburg Kentucky