[pchelpers] Re: AVG no longer free

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cyril Halbach <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 00:25:23 -0500

Hi Cyril,

Sunday, May 4, 2008, 12:07:40 AM, you wrote:

CH> I would have a similar problem setting up an automatic arrangement
CH> with some of the registry cleaners. For whatever reason they
CH> always want to blow away the registry entires fo the Watchtower
CH> Library. If I do not manually deselect those entries it means a
CH> reinstall of the program.

Here's what you do about this:

1. Run CCleaner's Registry cleaner.
2. Reinstall WTLib.
3. Run CCleaner's Registry cleaner; have it create an undo file.
4. Rename the Undo file to something like "Fix WTLib".

You can then run "Fix WatchTower" immediately before you want to use
WTLib, and WTLib should work.

I mention CCleaner because it is free, is one of the programs that
kills WTLib, and creates an undo file.

If CCleaner is the program that you normally use, I'd suggest sending
the undo file to PiriForm and asking them to fix it. Better yet, ask
WatchTower to fix their program so that it doesn't get taken to the
cleaners by registry cleaners.

--
Scott.