[pchelpers] Re: AVG no longer free

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <Ekhart.GEORGI@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 02:31:03 +0300

Hi Penelope

> Can anyone suggest a good virus protector. I had pecillin but it
> wasn't compatible with my new pc. I tried kerpensky same problem dell
> had to remove it. May as well go free if I am going to have these
> kinds of problems with one I have to pay for. AVG just sent a notice
> they are no longer giving their protection free as of May 31. Thanks
> in advance.

You misunderstood something. You probably installed a trial version of
the pay version instead of the free version, which is still available
here: http://free.grisoft.com/

No mention of any change in the forum either:
http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/list.php?12

http://www.free-av.com/ finds a lot more malware and is updated much
more often.