[opendtv] Re: Fw: Re: Post on alt.tv.tech.hdtv of interest today

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:57:56 -0500

Uh ... I'm not talking about DISTANT markets ... I'm talking
ONE market plus one station in a very close adjacent market.
You seem to have some sort of fixed idea about what a "market" is.

Like all the towers are in one place.

In our market we have towers ... both in the same market ...
90 miles apart. No matter where you live, you will have
stations spread over at minimum a 160 degree arc. Those
of us in the center of the market have them over all 360 degrees,
unless you include the single adjacent market station, in which case it
is 250 degrees.

>>Local networks ARE NOT distant markets...they are THE local market.
>>Why do I need to pull in a Philadelphia station that duplicates the
>>content of network affiliates in MY market (Baltimore)?

The out of market station here DOES have a non-duplicated
program: they do nighttime news at 9 PM instead of 10 PM, and this
is a big seller.

Doug McDonald