[opendtv] Re: Fw: Re: Post on alt.tv.tech.hdtv of interest today

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 17:02:39 -0700

First question: are you on cable?
If so, digital cable (Cox Cable San Diego) will cost you about $60 per
month; HDTV cable will cost you about $70 per month.  You'll get many more
channels than on analog.

On the other hand, if you want HDTV for just the cost of a new TV set and
possibly, you can get it -- provided you live in a suitable location -- but
you'll only receive the local/network channels in HDTV.

And, if you want "free" digital TV but don't want HDTV, you'll have to move
to Europe, but don't worry, your European receiver won't work in the U.S,
and you'll have to buy another one when/if those unfree media countries
decide to deign to permit HDTV over the air.