[opendtv] Re: Fw: Re: Post on alt.tv.tech.hdtv of interest today

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:18:33 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Aha. That must be why you were complaining so bitterly
> about the dual conversion tuners in the first
> generation of Freeview STBs.
>
> Bert

No,

That's why I'm complaining that 1) LG, after demonstrating an excellent hand
built prototype STB, decided they couldn't economically mass produce it, ad
2) another company that used the same 5th gen "this time for sure" Cold
Fusion LG chip got only mediocre results that Mark Schubin described as "no
better than most 2nd generation boxes."

I have never once complained about the success of COFDM boxes or their
affordability.

John