[iyonix-support] Re: Printing problem

  • From: Thomas Milius <Thomas-Milius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 21:21:26 +0200

In message <cfOPhXAZkmWEpwgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >!Writer+ and !Draw use the printing protocols which cause the printer
> >path to be reset. !Fireworkz doesn't so will try and print to wherever
> >the printer path is currently set. If you click the !Printers icon first
> >it should work. You may like to try !PrintSpool (see sig.) which will
> >also correct the problem.
> >
> >Ian
> >
> Thanks to all the guys who have offered suggestions. I have tried the
> following:
> 1)Tried printing in the background
> 2)Tried printing to a file
> 3)Tried both the above
> In all three cases still get the error "Print failed (Print cancelled)"
> Furthermore I tried clicking the !Printers icon before printing but
> that did not appear to help either.
> So basically I'm no further forward at the moment. Help!
>
> Pete

Sounds a bit strange for I don't have any problems to print from
Fireworkz. So lets check following various points:

1. Which driver you are using? I did not found one for the Photo 700
   delivered with the Iyonix!?! Am I wrong? Perhaps you can tell me
   and I shall try to print to file on my machine with it.
2. At how many colours you are operating your Iyonix if printing?
   (256/32k/16M)
3. Any nice things like Geminus or SpecialFX installed/active?
4. Did you try to print a new sheet/document in Fireworkz or are
   you printing existing sheets?
   I am asking to exclude loss of fonts, old sprite formats etc.

Regards

Thomas Milius