[iyonix-support] Re: Printing problem

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 08:48:01 +0100

In article <cfOPhXAZkmWEpwgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter derwent
<egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip] Problem with !Fireworkz32 printing to Epson Sylus Photo 700.

> >!Writer+ and !Draw use the printing protocols which cause the printer
> >path to be reset. !Fireworkz doesn't so will try and print to wherever
> >the printer path is currently set. If you click the !Printers icon
> >first it should work. You may like to try !PrintSpool (see sig.) which
> >will also correct the problem.

> Thanks to all the guys who have offered suggestions. I have tried the
> following:

> 1)Tried printing in the background
> 2)Tried printing to a file

If printing to file doesn't work it suggests it isn't a printer path
problem.

> So basically I'm no further forward at the moment. Help!

Are you using Gimp Print or a standard driver? Is there anything
different between the !Fireworkz files that will print and those that
won't?

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
             (Iyonix  RO5)  Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5