[iyonix-support] Printing problem (was Re: Booting problems)

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 16:09:39 +0100

In article <rZ2igRA5SgWEpwHf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter derwent
<egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have another problem that I hope someone can help with: I am using an
> Epson Stylus Photo 700 printer through a USB to Parallel I/F, and
> although I can print !Writer+ and !Draw documents OK, if I try to print
> from !Fireworkz32 I usually get the message: "Print failed (Print
> cancelled)". Since all my work files are in Fireworkz, I need to be
> able to print. Can any one shed some light on this for me?

!Writer+ and !Draw use the printing protocols which cause the printer
path to be reset. !Fireworkz doesn't so will try and print to wherever
the printer path is currently set. If you click the !Printers icon first
it should work. You may like to try !PrintSpool (see sig.) which will
also correct the problem.

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
             (Iyonix  RO5)  Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5