[iyonix-support] Re: Printing problem

  • From: Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:01:43 +0100

>Again, this works fine here. Maybe, it just occurs with the specific
>Draw file you used? What happens when you use a very simple Draw file,
>e.g., just a single ellipse?
>
>Martin
Hi Martin

Sorry about the length of this Email - I have been doing some very
exhaustive testing this morning!!!!!

Its all very weird. Yesterday I designed a brand new draw banner on top
of a document using Draw on the Iyonix and Fireworkz32 on the Iyonix,
and the same thing happened (Got the error).

I did a test yesterday for JB where I gradually moved the sides of the
Draw file in half an inch at a time (trying to print each time). The
error occurred every time until the Draw file was only half an inch wide
and about 2 inches deep and it still did it, but as soon as I deleted
the embedded Draw file, the rest of the doc printed perfectly!

I have just tried your suggestion and dropped a simple Draw file
"Elipse" onto a blank Fireworkz32 page. It printed perfectly!! (Which
was a surprise). I then embedded it and again it printed OK.
I then made a Draw file of 2 rectangles on top of each other with text
in the middle and with the rectangles filled with different colours. I
then embedded it in a FW doc, and it printed OK.
The only difference between the doc I created yesterday and the doc I
created today is that the one yesterday had a picture dropped and
incorporated into the Draw file. So I dropped a Draw file into a Draw
file design (2 layers) and then embedded it in the FW doc, and it still
printed correctly. I also tried dropping a Jpeg into a Draw file and
then embedding that into a FW doc, but it still printed OK.

So I am now totally mystified, because I did this operation yesterday
and the fault was still in evidence, and in fact the test document I
created yesterday still comes up with the error, but the one today does
not! (and I still have it on file)

Puzzled of Bournemouth!!!! (Pete)
From: Pete                             Email: egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.....................WWW: http://www.peterjd.demon.co.uk/back/index2.htm