[iyonix-support] Re: Help with 5.18 error

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 21:55:46 +0100

In message <0dc6b79a52.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <49493.109.176.244.32.1338838929.squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> co.uk>
>           david.rooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Tried Alan's Restore516 after placing it on the hard-drive (root
>> directory). Screen message indicated a successful restore and told me to
>> re-boot which I did. I now have a screenful of vertical black, purple, red
>> and green bands with a broad black horizontal band across the top and the
>> bottom of the screen, both approximately one sixth of the screen height.

>> When I try re-booting I get as far as the "clunk" (which I think I
>> remember as being the floppy drive) after about 2 seconds but no beep.
>> There is a screen message saying "signal frequency is out of range. H:
>> 41.7KHz  V: 79.4KHz. Please change signal timing." I have an Ilyami
>> Prolite E431S monitor from Castle. It has a Menu button on the front as
>> well as contrast and brightness buttons but does not respond to any of
>> these. I am now beyond my range of competence!

>> Sending this from the Mac.

> Now others have had this, it is called the pyjamas effect. someone
> help David please

> Alan

Well he could try F12 and the VDU7 to see if he gets some sound and
see if he is getting to the desktop and also if it is pyjamas effects
a reboot followed by a holding and release of the reset button.

However from the sound of it could be a faulty ROM.

The other thing is if it is booting up to desktop with no video how
and he had network access he could try pinging the Iyonix to see if it
responds from his Mac and that may prove that it at least boots up OK?

--
See and experience the future using ARM Technology - BeagleBoard -xM,
Cortex A8 and RISC OS 5.19.