[iyonix-support] Re: Help with 5.18 error

  • From: david.rooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 16:34:56 +0100 (BST)

>>> Is Alan Leighton able to state what hardware he has in his Iyonix so
>>> we can compare and see if the above may help though as there is no
>>> system bleep I again think we are not getting to a viable stage.
>>>
>>> *CDDevices at the command line should give some details of CDROMs.
>>> Note you will have to change the file system to CDFS or CDROMFS to get
>>> an output.
>>>
>>> Also how is the network set up is it DCHP or static though the wait
>>> for that comes after a validation beep on start up so again same issue
>>> as above.
> Hi Doug
>
> Iyonix 5.18. Every else is standard. (CD and Floppy) I run the Iyonix
> through My hopper linked with RComp XPC and a Dell laptop. I have a
> back up HD on the Iyonix.
>
> Alan

My Iyonix is also standard with Floppy and CD but the CD is unreliable and
I have ceased using it. I also have a second hard drive on the Iyonix and
run it through a MyHopper box linked to the MacBook. I also have an
external hard drive containing a full backup created using HD Companion.

If the worst comes to the worst and I have to abandon the Iyonix I am
hoping that I can use the backups with either another (second hand) Iyonix
or the MacBook with VRPC installed. I don't have VRPC but have been
thinking about it for some time.

--
David Rooke