[iyonix-support] Re: Help with 5.18 error

  • From: david.rooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 20:42:09 +0100 (BST)

Tried Alan's Restore516 after placing it on the hard-drive (root
directory). Screen message indicated a successful restore and told me to
re-boot which I did. I now have a screenful of vertical black, purple, red
and green bands with a broad black horizontal band across the top and the
bottom of the screen, both approximately one sixth of the screen height.

When I try re-booting I get as far as the "clunk" (which I think I
remember as being the floppy drive) after about 2 seconds but no beep.
There is a screen message saying "signal frequency is out of range. H:
41.7KHz  V: 79.4KHz. Please change signal timing." I have an Ilyami
Prolite E431S monitor from Castle. It has a Menu button on the front as
well as contrast and brightness buttons but does not respond to any of
these. I am now beyond my range of competence!

Sending this from the Mac.

--
David Rooke