[iyonix-support] Re: Help with 5.18 error

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 11:20:34 +0100

In message <e74aff9a52.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>> Thanks

> I attach some details from Robert Sprowson, hopefully I've got that
> correct, aka Sprow who has done some work on the RISC OS sources but
> can't post here but I think given the above it may not help.

Sprow has had another thought about this which seems sensible.

"I wonder if lack of boot could be because CDFS is sitting
looking for a non existant CD drive or something like that, and
waiting for the timeout might help?"

Is Alan Leighton able to state what hardware he has in his Iyonix so
we can compare and see if the above may help though as there is no
system bleep I again think we are not getting to a viable stage.

*CDDevices at the command line should give some details of CDROMs.
Note you will have to change the file system to CDFS or CDROMFS to get
an output.

Also how is the network set up is it DCHP or static though the wait
for that comes after a validation beep on start up so again same issue
as above.

Doug

--
See and experience the future using ARM Technology - BeagleBoard -xM,
Cortex A8 and RISC OS 5.19.