[iyonix-support] Re: Help with 5.18 error

  • From: "Dave Lawton" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 22:28:25 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 5 June, 2012 2:55 pm, david.rooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Snip

> Am I right that the absence of a Beep following the Floppy-access
> clunking, when trying to Boo up, means the Iyonix is not booting up
> properly?

Yes :(
However, have you tried removing the power lead,
& waiting for 5 minutes before replacing it ?

Something else to try.
With the Iyonix powered up, on the Mac go to
Applications>Utilities>Network Utility.app

On the 'Info' tab, ensure that 'Network Interface (en0)'
is selected, & make a note of the 'IP Address',
this is probably 192.168.1.100 or similar.

Go to the 'Ping' tab, type 192.168.1.255 or similar,
the first 3 need to be the same as the IP Address.
Click 'Ping', when it's finished then go to the
'Netstat' tab.

Ensure 'Display routing table information' is selected,
& click 'Netstat', when it's finished look in the box
below at the 'Gateway' column.
Hopefully there will be an entry that looks like

0:9:95:0:13:a6

with a matching entry in Destination.

If there is, then it is starting up, even though
there is no beep.

--
Regards,
Dave Lawton