[iyonix-support] Re: Help with 5.18 error

  • From: david.rooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:15:04 +0100 (BST)

Doug (and others)

>First can you see if you can get a validation beep out of the machine by
>doing F12 and the VDU 7 as I suggested and if you have a MAC then you
>could try pinging the Iyonix from the Mac. Failing knowing how to do the
>latter have a look at your router stats to see if the Iyonix is
>connected to the network.

There is no beep after the "clunk" on attempting to Boot. There is no
validation beep after either f12, VDU7
or f12, *BASIC, VDU7
or f12, CTRL G
or f12, *BASIC, CTRL G

I tried each of these in sequence, then again by inserting f12 *QUIT
between each attempt.

On trying to 'ping' the Iyonix I get "Host not found".

> Also did you remove the softload from your Boot sequence?

No. Soft loaded 5.18 and re-flashed the ROM with 5.18 while the soft 5.18
was still loaded. Then used Alan's !Restore516 as suggested by David Ruck
and since then have not been able to see anything on the Iyonix to enable
me to do anything with the Boot sequence

> All this will help decide if it is worth trying the above suggested by
> Dave Lawton as if your not booting to a usable state then a second try
and > a clean restore will not work.

> If you are not fully initialising RISC OS then it may have to be sent
>back to Castle or perhaps CJE may be able to help.

If, as I suspect, I have to return to Castle can anyone let me have a
current telephone number or email address for John Ballance/Castle. I
can't seem to find anything up-to-date via Google

Thanks

--
David Rooke