[iyonix-support] Re: Help with 5.18 error

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:06:58 +0100

On 04/06/2012 20:42, david.rooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Tried Alan's Restore516 after placing it on the hard-drive (root
directory). Screen message indicated a successful restore and told me to
re-boot which I did. I now have a screenful of vertical black, purple, red
and green bands with a broad black horizontal band across the top and the
bottom of the screen, both approximately one sixth of the screen height.

When I try re-booting I get as far as the "clunk" (which I think I
remember as being the floppy drive) after about 2 seconds but no beep.
There is a screen message saying "signal frequency is out of range. H:
41.7KHz  V: 79.4KHz. Please change signal timing."

Have you tried plugging your keyboard in to the rear USB socket and powering up with delete pressed to reset the CMOS. If the monitor still gives an out of range try powering up with 4 pressed on the numeric key pad to select a VGA startup mode.

Cheers
---David

--
Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx