[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.8 Events - gesture start/end

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:36:37 +0000

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 03:09:01 -0800, Tim Hockin wrote:
> For the people who care about gestures, how do those fit?  I think the
> second is more correct.  What does a plugin really care about gesture
> start/end, unless it is a host.  If it IS a host, then it receives the host
> callback.  Nothing more needed.

I think you do need need gesture start/end times - one of the purposes
is to let a sequencer override its sequenced events for the particular
control. Eg. when a user clicks on a slider but hasn't dragged yet it
shouldn't move under automation control.

Gesture IDs probably arent neccesary as I cant think what the meaning of
multiple gestures from one source could be, so identifying them by the
source should be fine.

I dont think it really matters wether the start/end times are out-of-band,
inline with value/ramp events or on a seperate port.