[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.8 Events - gesture start/end

  • From: Mike Berry <mberry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:04:08 -0700

Tim Hockin wrote:

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 07:36:33AM -0800, Tim Hockin wrote:

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:30:37AM -0800, Marc Poirier wrote:

Anyway, these I think are most of the reasons why I have lobbied for the
gesture stuff.

Thanks for the great description. What I am not clear on is how this impacts the requirements? Assuming all events are going through (or at least are visible to) the host, the host can do this with no help needed from Plugins.

Do we need to inform plugins of gesture start/end? Or just the host?

We never got any further discussion on gesture start/end. Anyone?

That's cause I was on vacation for 3 weeks (just got through reading all of the mail). Yes, I know it is odd getting back 2 days before xmas, but that is a different story.

I think that we definitely need gesture start and end events. I don't think that we can say that only the host needs them, as opposed to plugins, because of nested hosts. It is possible to conceive of automation being recorded at several different host layers simultaneously, or at least not at the top host level.

--
Mike Berry
Adobe Systems