[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.8 Events - gesture start/end

  • From: Mike Berry <mberry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:50:44 -0700

Steve Harris wrote:

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 09:35:26 -0700, Mike Berry wrote:

I belive that in order to handle the nesting case, it has to go through the plugin API. Imagine this case:

UI layer -> (UI API) -> modular GMPI host -> (plugin API) -> sequencer plugin

The modular host is receiving the events from the UI layer. But the sequencer plugin is actually doing the automation recording. If we don't pass the gesture data, the plugin cannot do touch or latch automation recording.

I that sitatuion I would expect the modular GMPI host to handle the
touch automation, and hand pre-merged control data to the sequencer
plugin.

What if the modular host does not even record automation and only the sequencer plugin does? If you don't pass down the gesture data, you force all automation to always be handled at the top layer. This would be a significant blow to nestability.

--
Mike Berry
Adobe Systems