[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.8 Events - gesture start/end

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:07:29 -0800

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 04:21:21PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> It doesnt seem like the plugin needs to care. The UI needs to inform
> someone, but I'd hope that hosts handle the automation.

So what if the rule of thumb was that any control output (that is, anything
that creates events) can bookend 1 or more events with 'gesture start/end'
events.  Events that are sent outside of a gesture may be treated as
individual gestures or grouped together by time, as the host sees fit.

This only encapsulates events for a single control into a gesture.  Is that
sufficient?  I'm not sure.