[FSW Project] Re: FSW Project Update

  • From: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 18:26:28 -0700

Hello everyone,

I'll take this time to check who still wants to be involved in the project, since I wouldn't want to keep flooding the inboxes of those who aren't still interested. Let me know what times work for everyone this weekend and we'll see if we can find 30 minutes to allocate for a Skype meeting. For those that don't reply I'll assume you're no longer interested in the project (aside from Jaime who told me he's still interested and will not be available this Summer.

Thank you to everyone for the help, I hope we can setup a meeting to talk this weekend sometime.

Thanks,
Nate

On 6/26/2014 5:43 PM, Mikhail Gofman wrote:
We can meet.

Please let me know the time that will work for everyone.

Thanks,
-Mikhail

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Mikhail,

    Yes, that is correct. We play to be ready for deployment by the
    middle (if not early) of next week.

    I guess my interpretation of our intentions was incorrect then.
    Perhaps we should hold a meeting among the team with you included
    so we can make sure we're on the same page prior to our meeting
    with Susan.

    Thanks,
    Nate

    On 6/26/2014 4:53 PM, Mikhail Gofman wrote:
    Dear Susan,

    Our ultimate goal is to host the application on the world wide
    web. We are not there yet.
    Before deploying the application on the world wide web, we must
    first test it in both the lab and in the "wild".
    This step is crucial. It will help us to make sure that the
    application performs in accordance to the requirements and is
    both stable and secure.

    To help us test the system in the "wild", we would like to first
    deploy it on a single desktop system in your office.
    The system should have around 6GB of memory and a fairly modern
    processor (at least dual-core).
    The system should also be connected to the Internet. This will
    enable us to distribute bug fixes and updates/upgrades to the system.

    As per my last communication with the team, I believe that we are
    almost ready for deployment.
    Nate, is my interpretation of the latest burst of emails correct?

    I believe that we should set up a meeting with Boris. His
    technical expertise will make the whole process easier.

    Thanks,
    -Mikhail

    On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Nathan Cobb
    <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Susan,

        If I understand you correctly you're talking about web
        hosting. Based on the sensitivity of the information, and for
        security purposes, the plan was not to have the website
        hosted on the internet, but rather via your internal network.
        However, although the website itself will to be hosted via
        your internal network, we still want to have the system
        connected to the internet (if possible) so that we can easily
        update the system when we need to.

        Hopefully that makes sense to you, but if not I'd gladly be
        willing to give you a call to explain it a bit better. Maybe
        Mikhail can do a better job?

        Thanks,
        Nate

        ----------
        On June 26, 2014 11:20:52 AM Susan Sober
        <spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        > Hi does the software have its own site for secure hosting
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone

        > > On Jun 26, 2014, at 4:23 AM, Nathan Cobb
        <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
        > > Susan,
        > > Jeremy just informed me that he just finished making the
        final changes to the website as far as implementing all of
        the features that we (and you) agreed upon/wanted in the
        website. All that's left to do is testing the systems and
        fixing bugs that we may have missed.
        > > As I previously stated, our intention is to have the
        systems ready for Boris to download and install on your
        systems. I'll keep you updated as things change as well as
        contact you about setting up a meeting when the time comes.