[arachne] Re: INFO NEEDED FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE DOS/ARACHNE SUPPORT

  • From: "Ray Andrews" <randrews@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 14:20:32 -0800

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 13:05:11 +1000, Ron Clarke wrote:

Ron, all,

>> JS would be the easiest thing to start with, since it could be added
>> piecemeal. And my core has lots of room, that's no issue.

> That is wonderful news !!!!

One of the guys on AD even started a bit of JS parsing code, it can
be done it's just a question of finding someone who knows how JS works.
Me, I don't even know HTML as you are very well aware.

> Then it looks like you fork is going to be Arachne's future.  :)

The old core has been a dead end since Michael dropped it, but I've not
been able to convince anyone of that these past five years -- it
is simply too ineficient to permit more than a tiny bit of forward
movement in 16 bit DOS. And it's so spectacularly baddly written that
any ground level changes would be near impossible to implement even if
some masochist was willing to try. But the traditionalists show no
signs of interest in the way forward and I can't do much more without
help so we're still dead in the water.

Regards,

Ray Andrews
.