[arachne] Re: INFO NEEDED FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE DOS/ARACHNE SUPPORT

  • From: "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:16:49 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, December 7, 2008 9:06 pm, Eric S. Emerson wrote:

> Hi Sam E.,
>                     I don't know what you expect !
> I'd say increasing the upload and download
> speed as much as glennmcc did is surely
> a major upgrade and it increases Arachne's
> functionality a whole lot.
>
> Eric

Eric,

Realistically I don't expect much real improvement in terms of
available functions. Glenn always said the development team really
needed more and more capable C programmers to really improve things.
That's not going to happen.

Going a bit faster is just doing the same things a bit faster. Maybe
a lot faster. You can call that a "major upgrade" if you like.

I think a major upgrade would be Arachne being capable of something
new like JS, SSL, full CSS compliance and so on--so you would not be
handicapped if Arachne was your only browser.

That was the dream at least.

Sam Ewalt