[arachne] Re: INFO NEEDED FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE DOS/ARACHNE SUPPORT

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 02:50:27 +0000

From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>

Hi Eric,

>                 If it's "quantum leaps" your looking
> for then Arachne is not for you.  Stick with
> M$'s latest or Linux.......they will give you
> "quantum leaps" in size and bloat. Compare
> the size of those other distributions of "fully
> functional" software with Arachne.  Arachne
> fits on one floppy.  Add JS and SSL into it's
> core and just guess how much Arachne
> would increase in size ?? !!!

to be honest, I have always hated that "but it fits on one floppy"
argument. Somehow I think this is what might have kept Arachne from
getting support for all those nice features that I desire, that we
could already have them all if it wasn't for that damn "Arachne has to
fit on one floppy disk" rule. At least let us make this an Extra High
Density disk.

And I will probably never understand why some people think that one
needs a different OS just to have SSL and Javascript support in the
browser. AFAIK, the specs for both SSL and JS are completely
platform-independent.

>    Would you also like a little Flash and
> Active X ??

Yes, why not? I don't know whether I need ActiveX, but I certainly
would like to have Flash - after I get SSL and full CSS and JS
support, that is. And I want to have all of this in DOS, not
Microsmart Windoze or Loonix.

Regards,

Udo

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de