[arachne] Re: INFO NEEDED FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE DOS/ARACHNE SUPPORT

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 18:06:51 -0800

Hi Sam E.,
                    I don't know what you expect !
I'd say increasing the upload and download
speed as much as glennmcc did is surely
a major upgrade and it increases Arachne's
functionality a whole lot.

Eric

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:00:54 -0500 (EST) "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
writes:

> On Sun, December 7, 2008 3:20 pm, Ron Clarke wrote:
> >
> >  On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:54:38 -0500 (EST)
> >  "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> As Udo pointed out there hasn't been anything but bug fixes and
> >> minor tweakings for years anyway.
> >
> >    So what would you call putting Arachne's internet speed up to
> the limit
> > of your connection ?
> > Minor tweaks ???    I don't think so !
>

> You could call it a major tweak, if you like. I'd say it just
> brings her up to speed. It certainly doesn't add any functionality
> that didn't exist previously--it just speeds her up.
>
> Sam Ewalt
>
>                   Arachne at FreeLists
> -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --

Visa, MasterCard, AMEX & Discover. Compare Offers & Apply Online. Click here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2Oq4Y5U0u1qaJGpXd4aTgX12qxjJFl0pzYSTeOgglI31N5C/