[arachne] Re: What did I miss & when??

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:43:12 +1000

Hi L.D,

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 22:11:13 -0500, L.D. Best wrote:

> Pardon a dumb blonde going gray question, but what is the problem with
> 16 bit code??

  Nothing at all. Arachne is 16-bit code.

  But I believe, tho' I'm willing to be corrected, that much of the extra
features we have been talking about may require porting all that to
32-bit code. Not a trivial task, I gather.

  But I am hardly the one to give definitive answers, here.
I understand that Udo has done some remarkable things in an enhanced
DOS, so maybe Udo can better answer than I.

  Udo, is SSL and JS out of the question while Arachne is coded 16-bit ?

Regards,
        Ron

Ron Clarke
AUSREG Consultancy      http://www.ausreg.com