[pure-silver] Re: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:55:50 +0900

Dear Joe,

     I would speak if my mouth hadn't dried up entirely. The YouTube movie is
beyond good. I intend to bronze it and hang it from my rear-view mirror. I may
send it to New Guinea to be worshiped by a native tribe.

    My own experience with the perfectly-good digital camera yesterday at the
Christmas luncheon has confirmed my suspicions. I have been taking pictures
with cameras for the last 50 of my years starting with a Brownie 620 and
progressing up to the full studio. Cameras of all shapes and sizes have passed
through my hands, fallen off my dashboard, and rolled over my foot. I have
produced recognizable and salable images with most of them.

    I wanted pictures of children opening presents, in that short interval
between when the box comes open and the toy ceases working. You know - the bit
where they either injure themselves or another child with the Raggedy Andy
doll. ( It CAN be done.)

    Perhaps I expected too much of the camera. Perhaps the camera expected more
of me. It seemed to hesitate before each exposure, possibly trying to steel
itself for another lame composition. I gave it up after 3 pictures, and then
tried to reset it to work faster. I don't know about you, but the only time I
want to scan a menu is when it features garlic bread to start and a decent
dessert to finish. I closed the camera up and searched for lunch.

    Note to self: next family party it is back to the Viogtlander with the wide
lens and the Metz flash. Set aperture, set speed, set focus, and switch on the
flash. f.8, 1/125, 7 ft. and away we go. And when I press the button....AWAY we
go.

    Now I go away....

     Uncle Dick