[pure-silver] Re: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: ellinger@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:20:35 -0500

Haven't seen the commercial, since my dial-up modem makes internet video an
exercise in
patience that I have no patience for, but I gather it celebrates the New Age of
photography.
Besides the shutter delay (another exercise in patience), my favorite feature
of the Canon G-
something camera that I use for family snapshots is the double flash.  Even
though the camera
knows the power of it's own flash, the sensitivity of it's own sensor, and the
distance to the
subject -- it insists on firing a "pre-flash" to determine exposure.  This has
resulted in dozens
of photos of Niece Lindsey's blink reflex in full blink.  I suppose there may
be some way to turn
off the pre-flash, but I have only read the first 18 chapters of the manual, so
have just learned to
make a time-lapse panoramic format series in sepia tones with the (wrong) date
imprinted in
Garamond Bold.  (Thankfully, I can easily change the font in PhotoShop.)

This year, I think I will do the holiday photos with the old Nikon FM2.  I may
even take the
battery out.

Chris Ellinger
Ann Arbor, MI