[pure-silver] Re: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:37:32 +0900

Dear Bob,

     I agree entirely. With you, I hasten to add - DOF is the way to go. I
preset all my 16-40mm lenses and blaze away and have rarely been diappointed. I
tried this with the Hasselblad and the 80mm Planar and learned my lesson the
hard and fuzzy way. I now focus very carefully with this lens and anything
longer.

    One aspect of focussing I find very interesting - this is in the darkroom.
I focus one 6 x 6 negative on the Fujimoto 450MD and it is fine - the next one
in the strip is all outtafocus. I have learned to focus each one separately.
But commercial labs print negs with machines that automatically advance the
film strips....right? How do they get each one in focus?

    And wouldn't it be a nice feature if the Fujimoto had a finer focussing
mechanism for each negative? Suggestions?

Uncle Dick