[pure-silver] Re: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: Kent Gibbs <kent_gibbs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 05:52:30 -0800 (PST)

snip..
    I shall not condemn digital completely out of hand as one of my holiday
presents was a very large Epson scanner. I am told by the donor that this
will enable me to scan negatives and put them on a website, which is also
part of the present. I shall wait patiently - I note that the scanner will
even take my 8 x 10 negs as well as all the smaller sizes. Perhaps good will
come of it.

 snip..

 There you go.  Next you'll be doing inkjet prints.  Start down that slippery
slope and it's all over. ;)

Seriously, I have a Canon digital Rebel SLR (read: bottom of the heap price
wise at the time) and it focuses and fires every bit as fast as any film SLR
I've used and does it in very low light.  Cannot compare the point and shoots
with the DSLRs, especially the p&s cameras that put the image on the rear LCD
in real time.