[pure-silver] Re: [lens] Re: Ebay

  • From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 00:04:56 -0400

I receive a lot of spam - some 500-1000/day, including usually half a dozen
ebay or paypal
spoofs. But almost always they don't use my ebay address. The number has been
decreasing.

Just bounce the spoofs to spoof@xxxxxxxxxx or spoof@xxxxxxxxx They appear to be
shutting
them down.

tOM

On Monday, December 25, 2006 at 13:52,
Richard Knoppow <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

..
>    I have used eBay just once. I ordered a manual from
> someone who offers reprints. I did not bid on it but used
> the "buy now" option. At the same time I began to set up a
> Pay Pal account but never finished setting it up because I
> found the seller would simply charge a credit card. Ever
> since this transaction I've received tons of fisching
> letters perporting to come from eBay or Pay Pal. I've
> blocked some of them but I still get some. Some look quite
> authentic but others have obvious spelling and grammatical
> errors that are a tip off. Of course, I never answer any of
> them.
>    Evidently, eBay does not do a very good job of protecting
> private information sent to them.
>    Happy Hollidays to one and all.

-- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St., Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.41235 W75.71345     +1 613 860-6633
     Q,  Q,
    </  </      This world, after all our science and sciences, is still
 (`-/---/-')            a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more,
~~@~~~~@~~~~~~  to whosoever will think of it. --Thomas Carlyle