[pure-silver] Re: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:20:20 +0900

Dear Nephew Nick,

That is a very good posting you sent. IS the enlarger focussing mechanism actually drifting when I let go of it? I shall disassemble the cover on the back of the rack and test it. The Fujimoto does not have one of the micro-drives that seem to feature on other enlargers, nor is the focussing knob attached to a spring that would allow one to focus from nearer the baseboard. I envy the people who have the big professional DeVeres and who can crouch down while focussing.

All that said, let me raise a rousing cheer for an unsung piece of American engineering - the Beseler Dichro 42S head that I grafted onto the Fujimoto chassis. I can find my filtration, dial it, and it won't drift or shift in a 3-hour colour printing session. That eBAy buy was wonderful.

Uncle Dick