[opendtv] Re: Digital radios outstrip analogue

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:48:00 -0500

Well, as we yanks are wont to do, we are starting a new digital audio
broadcasting service, and it is unique to North America.

www.ibiquity.com

We are broadcasting on our FM station already, and are installing a new
transmitter for our AM station on this very day.

We would love to see 128 Kbps on FM!  The highest we can go is 96 Kbps using
a proprietary Ibiquity codec.

Cheers,

John Shutt