[opendtv] Re: Digital radios outstrip analogue

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:31:52 -0500

At 10:57 PM +0000 3/1/05, Alan Roberts wrote:
>Because I can do something else while listening to radio, like drive, or do
>a crossword. Television does not hold a monopoly on
>information/entertainment.

What has that got to do with anything. You would still be able to
listen to audio only services, just as any cable or DBS subscriber
here in the U.S. gets dozens of channels of audio service.

In case you had not noticed, Radio and TV no longer hold a monopoly
on information/entertainment. The same broadcast digital
infrastructure can be used to deliver cached VOD movie services and
IP multicasts of web sites and other information services.

Why do we discriminate in favor of the interests of broadcasters?